Call Us: +30 210 3612800 Email: enquirieskelemenis.com
Iro has been with the firm since 2008. She is a graduate of the law school of the University of Athens where she obtained her LL.B. (1st class) holding scholarships of the State Scholarships Foundation for her performance throughout her undergraduate studies. She has pursued postgraduate studies at the University of Heidelberg in Germany, where she obtained a LL.M. in Corporate Law. She has then obtained a Ph.D. in Corporate Law at the University of Athens. Iro focuses on corporate and commercial law, including banking and finance as well as M&As, and has acted for several corporates in arbitration proceedings, both national and international, and in dispute resolution of a civil or commercial nature. Iro is authorized to appear before the Supreme Court of Greece.
- Banking & Finance
- Civil & Commercial Litigation & Arbitration
LL.B. (University of Athens);
LL.M. (University of Heidelberg),
Ph.D. (University of Athens)
Greek, English, German, French
Athens Bar Association, Multilaw, First Law International, Association of Greek Commercialists
Indicative Clients & Cases
- One of the four families of the Sbokos group in the arbitration proceedings for the demerger of the Sbokos Hotel Group and the final settlement agreement between the parties. The Sbokos Hotel Group is one of the leading hotel groups in Greece, owning such hotels as Blue Palace, Agapi Beach, Cretan Malia Park, Koutouloufari Village Holiday Club and Village Heights Golf Resort.
- Geox SpA, the Italian shoes manufacturer, in several cases of Greek creditors (retail shoes companies) that filed “Chapter 11” proceedings (articles 99 et seq. of the Greek Bankruptcy Code).
- General Electric in a litigation that commenced from Greek creditors challenging the legal standing of its global merger with Alstom Power.
- Filing a complaint before the Greek Competition Commission and the Greek Individual Public Procurement Authority regarding the settlement agreement between Siemens and the Greek State.
- Several gaming brokers against OPAP, Greece’s leading gaming company, in relation to the termination of their brokerage agreement with OPAP. The relevant civil action involved both emergency and ordinary proceedings and referred to both wrongful termination as well as substantial compensation/indemnity claims against OPAP.
- China Development Bank in three project finance facilities in Greece of, respectively, €94 million, €80 million and €65 million.
- The syndicate of seven Greek banks in a (bond) loan of €95-million in connection of the security interests arising from the refinancing of the bank debt of a Greek listed group of companies from the food industry.
- The Swiss branch of Stryker, the leading medical technology company, in relation to an exclusive distribution agreement governed by Greek law and subject to arbitration before the ICC Court.
- Several regional car dealers against the Italian car manufacturer Fiat in relation to clientele indemnity due to termination of the relevant distribution agreements.
- London-based fund, Warwick Capital, on the Greek legal framework for the lease of commercial property and for asset and share acquisitions.
Iro Stamataki, “Application for the appointment of temporary directors (under article 69 of the Greek Civil Code)”
in: Masouros P. (ed.) Actions and Claims for Private Companies, Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships (Legal Analysis – Templates), Athens: Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2017, pp. 546-575
Iro Stamataki, “Application for inviting an extraordinary general meeting of partners (article 11 of the Greek Law 3190/1955) or an annual ordinary general meeting, in case the directors refuse to proceed with such invitation”
in: Masouros P. (ed.) Actions and Claims for Private Companies, Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships (Legal Analysis – Templates), Athens: Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2017, pp. 292-318
Iro Stamataki, “Application for inviting an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders under article 39 (1) of Law 2190/1920”
in: Masouros P. (ed.) Actions and Claims for Sociétés Anonymes (Legal Analysis – Templates), Athens: Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2017, pp. 181-205
Iro Stamataki, “Application for examining the reasons of the directors’ refusal to provide information to minority shareholders under article 39 (6) of Law 2190/1920”
in: Masouros P. (ed.) Actions and Claims for Sociétés Anonymes (Legal Analysis – Templates), Athens: Nomiki Vivliothiki, 2017, pp. 253-287
Iro Stamataki, “The content of the articles of association of the Greek SA”
in Synigoros, vol. 106, 2014, pp. 42-43.
Iro I. Stamataki, Contractual Freedom
in the Société Anonyme, Athens: Nomiki Bibliothiki, 2014, pp. xxxvi + 453
Iro Stamataki, “Greece: On-going legal reform as a key to social change and financial growth in Greece”
in IFLR 1000 – The Guide of the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms 2014, London: Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2013, pp. 3/164-3/165.
Iro Stamataki, "Arbitration: Greece"
in PLC Cross Border Dispute Resolution Handbook, Vol. 2, 2010/2011, London: Practical Law Company, pp. 91-97
Yannis Kelemenis and Iro Stamataki, "Financing a photovoltaic project in Greece"
in The Euromoney Project Finance Yearbook 2009/10, London: Euromoney, pp. 35-38.
Iro Stamataki, "Greece"
in PLC Cross-border Venture Capital Handbook 2009/10, London: Practical Law Company, 2009, pp. 43-49.