Restructuring & Insolvency
Since 2011 and the deepening of the Greek economic crisis, Kelemenis & Co. has developed a fully-fledged restructuring & insolvency team to deal with the increasing number of mandates relating companies in financial distress and/or in need of corporate and financial restructuring. The team deals with both bankruptcy and pre-bankruptcy procedures and can display a strong track record in regulatory, transactional and litigation matters. Our work covers a wide range of areas that involve:
- Corporate finance restructurings and reorganisations;
- Insolvency filing requirements and formal insolvency proceedings;
- Insolvency litigation;
- Distressed financing and reschedulings;
- Distressed acquisitions/sales;
- Out-of-court restructurings and refinancings;
- Debt restructuring and rescheduling;
- Distressed M&A activity; and
- Debtor advisory work.
The firm serves a broad range of clients, including lenders, borrowers, debtors, creditors, equity holders and asset purchasers.
Recent highlights include acting for:
- Colliers, the leading firm in global real estate, on all available options under Greek law for the restructuring of its Greek subsidiary.
- Shelman – the largest wood producer in Greece with production and commercial activities in Greece, Europe, the USA and Africa – in its restructuring and streamlining its various production and commercial entities.
- UK law firm Michelmores on corporate debt acquisition from major Greek banks.
- UK law firm Ashurst on the insolvency of a Greek borrower and the available options under Greek law.
- Italian shoes manufacturer Geox on a major claim against a Greek client under pre-bankruptcy procedures that are equivalent to the American chapter 11 proceedings.
Kelemenis & Co Law Firm Lawyers advise on all aspects of restructuring & insolvency for Greek and international clients.
Chevron, Colliers, Greek Public Gas Corporation (DEPA), Geox, Kleva Pharmaceuticals SA, Shelman, Alpha Bank, General Union Insurance Company, Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, Michelmores, Ashurst.
Top-tier Restructuring & Insolvency law firm / best Restructuring & Insolvency law firm in Greece / top Restructuring & Insolvency lawyers Greece / best Greek Restructuring & Insolvency lawyers / leading Restructuring & Insolvency lawyers in Greece / specialist Restructuring & Insolvency lawyers
Kelemenis & Co. has had a busy year representing its largely international client base in a range of instructions, most notably capital markets and restructuring matters. It advised Baring Private Equity Asia on the acquisition of equity and debt participations of a number of Greek-listed companies. The team also assisted Chevron with its restructuring programme.