The firm acts primarily for corporates rather than for employees, and advises on all aspects of employment law including:
- Drafting of employment contracts and compliance with obligatory employment law and national collective agreements;
- Review of terms of employment;
- Structuring of employee incentives;
- Service contracts;
- Transactional and advisory matters relating to complex corporate transactions including aspects relating to mergers and acquisitions and transfer of businesses;
- Stock-option plans;
- Regulatory obligations and notifications;
- Executive remuneration;
- Employee discrimination;
- Termination of employment contracts and severances;
- Collective redundancies;
- Employment claims;
- Introduction and revision of flexible forms of employment;
- Secondment agreements, including those involving expatriates; and
- Social contribution compliance and arrangements.
The firm boasts of a strong background in litigation work in the field with excellent results.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for General Electric on all employment matters relating to its subsidiaries in Greece.
- Advising international sportswear manufacturer Champion Europe SpA on a wide variety of regulatory employment matters for its shop network in Greece.
- Acting for Kleva Pharmaceuticals in the labour restructuring of its 250-people workforce.
- Advising Clifford Chance on service and outsourcing agreements for a multi-national corporate client.
- Advising Carrefour/DIA on the termination of the employment of executives.
- Advising Coca Cola on health & safety matters under local legislation.
General Electric, Kleva Pharmaceuticals, CA Technologies, Champion Europe, Solvay, Clifford Chance, Sonae Sierra, Solutia, Carrefour/DIA, Adecco, Sunpower, Coca Cola.
Kelemenis has received warm endorsement from market commentators for its excellent employment practice. The compact team offers ongoing employment advice to clients such as GE, Champion and Adecco. Recently, it assisted Chevron with the redundancy process following the close of its downstream lubricants business in Greece.
Kelemenis & Co. provides the full suite of employment law advice to a corporate client base that includes Chevron. It recently advised BMC Software on terminating its local director’s employment contract.
Kelemenis & Co.’s association with First Law International, a law firm network covering 30 jurisdictions, means it is often called on to provide Greek law advice on cross-border issues, including recently advising Solvay on amendments to its employment agreements. In addition, the team acts for clients such as AON Holdings and Sonae Sierra on termination and HR matters.
Kelemenis & Co.– whose regulatory clients say it is “consistently good” – has been retained to advise Coca-Cola on Greek health and safety regulations as set out in domestic legislation aligned with EU law, work that included a review of EU rules.